 Space / 20430
20429  |  20431
Subject:
Ex-lurker + Advertisement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 03:59:06 GMT

Hi all

I finally got approved to post (it sure took them long enough)!  Hooray!
Since I have three years or so of lurking to atone for, this post is gonna
be a little long.

Well, for the .space peeps, my website is called "Defenders of the Alliance
Fleet"--it centers around a former empire reduced to a rag-tag fleet of
ships.  Nothing better than a good backstory ;-)

http://www.ozbricks.com/alliancefleet/

I admit I have to work on the enemy factions' pages, but who can't help but
favor the good guys?  My proudest accomplishment is the Errant Kangaroo.

http://www.ozbricks.com/alliancefleet/sa/kangaroo.html

It's a minifig-scale Republic Cruiser (maybe I should post to
.starwars...nah).  Sorry about the fuzzy pics, but trust me--it's mostly the
right scale.  Those engines gave me a heck of a time before I decided the
stair-step look was ok from far off.  The comms tower just fore of the
engines was the most fun--lots of greeblie desicions.  But when the whole
thing was done, I thought the _bridge_ was the best _looking_.  Funny, huh?
More pics if there's a demand.

I have more pics on the way--two or three ships I finished just the past
week.  Only problem is that my digital camera has grown legs and walked off.
As soon as I find it, there will be more images!

And for the .gaming crowd...
A few friends and I are looking into making an online
LEGO-space-gaming-RPG-community...thing.  John Henderson has already been
elected the first Galactic Mediator, and details are coming along nicely.
Individual games within the community are called 'Sectors,' which are run by
Sector Mediators (clever, huh?).  Unfortunately, there is no official site
set up, just discussion on a message board.

Message Board: http://www.creationcenter.com/boards/Starship/
My Sector:  http://www.ozbricks.com/alliancefleet/helix/home.html
Precursor Game:  http://www.ozbricks.com/alliancefleet/starship/home.html

Hope you enjoy a headache from deciphering the message board.  But don't
worry--post a question and you'll be swamped with answers.  Please feel free
to register a ship (stats for fighting ability, etc.) because we need more
players.

Well, I hope I haven't bored you out of your skulls.  Please LMKWYT and
don't be afraid to criticize or blast my models (some of them deserve it).
Thanks for reading!

~Andrew~
Loyal .space (ex-)lurker
Sector Mediator