 Space / 20339
Re: Wanna' Solotrek?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:16:34 GMT

Chris Osborn wrote:

In article <H8uBI7.5Fp@lugnet.com>,
Allister McLaren <allistermclaren@bigpond.com> wrote:
I'm not so sure. Is it really a good idea for the skies to be full of the
same people that are driving cars today? Same goes for the Skycar.

Can't you just picture the day when your local building regulations
require all new structures to be built with super reinforced roofs so
that falling Solotrek riders don't injure the occupants?

And say bye-bye big windows in the office. Due to problems with people
driving cars through the front door, most IBM locations I've visited
have all sorts of concrete barriers around the door ways and lobby
areas. Nothing so simple would prevent an aircar from driving through a
2nd floor window...

Actually, what will kill these is the thoughts about Ryder Air Trucks
and 100th story windows...

Frank