 Space / 20048
Re: New MOC: Luna Spire Moonbase Super-module
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:04:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kevin McMillin writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Bram Lambrecht writes:
After I built the original Luna Tower, I got a few great suggestions for
improvement, including making the top revolve.  In order to include working
elevators and a rotating top, I had to start over from scratch and work much
bigger.  This second version also includes a well-populated interior.  I'm
quite pleased with the result.

Wow!  I wouldn't have believed much improvement was possible from the first
version.  However, you've obviously topped yourself with this one. And 5 ft.
tall!

Over 5 ft tall! :)

I really like the interior, as well as the baseplate details.  Great
elevator design.

Thanks!  The elevator took quite a bit of SNOT-work to allow a fig inside and
still get the symmetry on top and bottom.  The elevator and the middle of the
spire are about all that larger and the smaller version share.

You've really done an excellent covering the obvious
details that allow the restaurant to move.

I made it pretty darn difficult to get inside the restaurant in the meantime...

As with the first, great architectural details on the restaurant
as well.  Is the structure sturdy?

Yes.  The top is very heavy, and the tower does vibrate a bit when it turns,
but it stays up well.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu