 Space / 20045
Re: New MOC: Luna Spire Moonbase Super-module
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 05:39:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Maddison writes:
Dude, that is massive.  Cool how you have so much functionality in it - and
the overall shape is real eyecandy.  I hope this will come to Brickfest -
this is something that needs to be seen in person to be truly appreciated.

Yes, this will be coming to Brickfest.  One thing I realized with the first
design was that I hadn't made it very easy to transport, so I built this one
with that very clearly in mind.  The top slides right off of the elevator
shaft.  The supports are held on only by some Technic pins.  The elevator shaft
also slides out of the base, and the base breaks up into nine 32x32 sections.
I only have to hope that Adrian doesn't bring as much stuff as he did last year.

The same held true for your Space Plane for me - I always thought it was a
cool MOC, but I didn't realize how cool and unique it was til I got to gawk
at it for an hour or so at the '01 fest.

I think that's often a problem with large MOCs...I appreciate Eric Sophie's
work much more after seeing it at BricksWest last year too.  On the other hand,
a great thing about larger work is that it impresses anyone who sees it,
whether they're into Lego or not.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu