 Space / 19954
Re: New poster, new MOCs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:28:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Philip Painter writes:
Hey guys and gals.

I've been lurking for about a year. The beginning of which marked the ending
of my Dark Ages. The large AFOL community at LUGNET, along with some other
places, easily sparked a sleeping interest in LEGO. I've been broke ever >since!

Don't I know that feeling! I only recently came out of a dark age myself and
spent a frantic few months, not to mention a grand or more, trawling the
Trading Post and garage sales for bulk Lego. At least I can rest in the
comfort of infecting my brother , and more recently my 18 y.o. nephew with
the same affliction. bwahahaha!

Anyhow, I've finally found the time to build a couple of decent models:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mealy-mouthed  I apologize
for the picture quality--a lot of detail is lost to them. I'd appreciate any
comments or constructive criticism, please.

Nice ships. I caught the Ogel one yesterday on brickshelf before you posted
and was immediately attracted to it. I missed the grey goose then, but again
it's a very sleek design. I like.

The only thing I'd suggest with such wide flat ships would be to photograph
them from a slightly higher angle to really show off the shape. Top and
bottom views do this ok, but are not as dramatic as a 3/4 angle.

Allister