 Space / 19955
19954  |  19956
Subject:
Lame Parts Comeptition closed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:52:25 GMT

Hi again (hmmm - I seem to be posting a lot lately. I'll fire this off and
then pipe down for a bit)

Well, the deadline for the Lame Parts Competition is now well and truly past
and the judges are going into deliberation over the entries.

I must say, after the initial enthusiasm there seemed to be about this comp,
I'm a little disappointed that there weren't more entries. However, those
that did enter showed some outstandingly creative use of some very tricky
parts, and that pleases me greatly. Even with the few entries there are,
it's not going to be an easy task deciding the winner for category 2.

So, thanks to all those that did enter. If anyone has any suggestions on how
I could improve the competition should I decide to run it again next year,
I'd like to hear them. Should it be decided by a public vote? Were the
prizes just too lame? Wrong time of year? All suggestions are welcome as I'm
completely new at this.

Anyway, stay tuned for the winners announcement sometime within the next week.

Cheers,
Allister