 Space / 19872
19871  |  19873
Subject:
MOCs - New Nano-Fig scale ships.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 00:43:10 GMT

Hi there.

I usually just lurk here - I'm too scared to let people see my stuff.
However, I've plucked up the courage and it is with some trepidation that I
post the following link to my new (first) collection of LEGO Nano-fig
Starships.

http://www.shush-its-secret.demon.co.uk/NSIndex.html

I know they aren't much to look at, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not
the world's greatest LEGO builder, but I'd appreciate your comments, and
hopefully I haven't ripped off too many ideas from people!

Influences:

1)  Star Trek - that's probably an obvious one when you look at some of the
features of the ships, but I hope that at the same time I've also strayed
away from that look.

2)  The "levers used as gun turrets" idea I first saw on someone else's
nano-fig scale fleet a couple of years ago - I'm sorry, I've lost the link
but if I knew your name I'd give you full credit for the idea, I just
thought it was really cool and your ships were great.

3)  The books of David Weber - more for the fleet composition and how each
ship might be used than anything else, the actual ships look nothing like
they are in his books.

4)  Probably lots of other stuff that I've forgotten about.

I've tried to give each ship lots of technical information and some
background - I'm sure some of it is more interesting than the rest and
there's a whole backstory to the project as well, so check it out!

Oh yeah - and the site isn't complete yet - I've still got an entire alien
fleet to design!

Regards,

Andrew.