 Space / 19707
Re: Lame Parts Entry - Strix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:43:47 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Allister McLaren writes:
In lugnet.build.contests, Reed Anderson writes:
Although I rarely build in space, I liked the idea of the contest, and knew
that I had some of the parts listed.  I came up with an owl-ish looking ship
using the following parts:

10 white picket fences
2 Manta Rays
1 rope bridge
1 row boat

Wow. Very nice model. Sorry I didn't get to it sooner - I've been offline
for a couple of days. I'll get in on the contest website ASAP.

I particularly like how the manta rays have been integrated by partially
hiding them. they really fit in nicely.

Thanks!  I had fun working in the mantas.

One thing though - I couldn't spot the row boat from the pictures you
posted. Could you post another that shows where it is?

The row boat is right above the landing skids, forming the bottom hull of
the bird (It's barely visible in the 3/4 view).  I'll see if I can get a
better picture of it soon.

Cheers,
Allister

Reed