 Space / 19442
Re: My first photoshop picture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:43:13 GMT

"leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H7DssA.Ao4@lugnet.com...
Here is a Tkhar fighter flying through space and shooting its blaster • cannon.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/glencaer/Misc/tkharfly.jpg

Does it look realistic?
How does the blaster fire/engine glow look?
How is the Star background?
Any tips concerning lighting the original picture to make it look correct • in
space?

Regarding the stars, I tend to lean heavily towards really dense starfields
with a bit of nebula:

http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/starfield00.jpg

I know some people tend to go for very few stars though, your preference.
The nebula is pretty strong in this image as well.  If I wanted to tone it
down I'd make it sort of gray blue and very faint to match the way the milky
way looks in summer.

[ j o n ]