 Space / 19289
19288  |  19290
Subject:
Nemesis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:28:44 GMT

I'd like to disregard this movie's many faults and talk about some of it's
cooler aspects in regards to .space (.geek included cuz, well, trek=geek)

If there is one thing that stuck with me after I left the theater, it was
how graceful the Romulan warbirds looked in the battle.  If this movie had
anything it had a fairly cool space battle (for a while).  I *adore* those
new Romulan ships.

Don't get me wrong,  I've always loved the Next Generation Era ships --They
looked huge, powerful and elegant.

What I love so much about these new ships was how friggin *wide* they
looked.  Seeing them slowly move through a huge arch, banking and ascending
out of the normal "horizontal plane" (not sure if that makes sense but it's
just nice to see spaceships that move "up" and "down" in space)

Here's a good picture of one of them:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/valdore-screen.jpg

Yes I know it's fairly conventional.  But it looked really cool and *wide*.
Call me weird all you want but I really want to make a SHIP similar to this
now.  I keep seeing this giant wing or beam banking through these huge
turns.

Granted no one could ever make something even close to this big in minifig
scale.  These are like 900 meters wide. (2583 studs/67 feet)

But I think something that was about 7 or 8 feet wide would look nice and
imposing.

_ j o n