 Space / 19055
  Gray Piranha

Greetings! I made a gray version of this space fighter: (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Gray Piranha

Wow. This is really nice. I especially like the form factor of the way that the side engines angle off from the main pod shape. The landing gear are very clever, too. (...) ___...___b r a n d o n h a r r i s___ bharris@gaijin.com www.gaijin.com (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Gray Piranha

Hey Dan! Good to see some of your stuff again. I think I like this colour scheme a little better than the original. Perhaps part of it is that grey allows the photos to show off a more of the wonderful detailing. Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Gray Piranha

Wow! That is cool! The gray version looks good. Too bad cameras don't like black. I really love your style on this. The melding slopes combines with the small amount of (but really great) greeblies. What did you use for the engine? I see a cool (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  RE: Gray Piranha

(...) Hardware store...ask for metal polish. It's only a couple bucks, but it smells terrible and I'm way too impatient for it to work...takes a lot of buffing. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Gray Piranha

(...) Thanks, Gil. Yes, the details on the original Piranha were hard to see so I figured I'd try it in gray. I gave this version different armament in it's wing-mounted missile pods (14 small missiles, instead of 8 big ones). I also modified the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Gray Piranha

(...) Thanks, John. (...) I know. Although all Lego models are better seen in person, I think that models built with black pieces really have to be seen in person to truly be appreciated. (...) Thanks again. I tried to incorporate a "less is more" (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)