 Space / 18795
Re: Slave 1 Alternate Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 03:01:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Allan Bedford writes:
For those of you who enjoy making due with the bricks you've got, you might
like to take a look at this little drop/recon ship I put together:

http://www.apotome.com/lego/slave1-alt/slave1-alt.htm

It uses only the pieces found in a single Slave 1 (#7144) set.  While it's
not the prettiest thing in the world, it is a true alternate model. It uses
no additional parts from other sets and doesn't look too much like the
original.  At least not to me.  :)

Neat ship, Allan. And I dont think you need to worry about "prettiness" - I
don't consider the Slave I very "pretty" either!

Actually I think the shape is fantastic.  I always liked the oval outline of
the body.  I'm just not fond of the colors they decided to release it in.
I'm hoping to someday have enough of the right pieces to remake the main
model in just light and dark greys.

Are you gonna do instructions for it?

I hadn't thought of that.  But if there's an interest, I certainly would.

How many parts did you have left over?

Perhaps 12 or 15 pieces?  The white 1x8 technic beams.  The two brown arches
that run through the middle of the main model.  The 2x3 thin bricks that
surround the openings to the wings. And a handful of the brown slopes.  I
got most of the green ones into the alt model, but not the brown.  Then most
of the little accent pieces were also left behind.  I kept trying to add
more pieces, to see how many I could use, but at some point it just looked
finished, so I called it 'done'.

Maybe enough for a little base station
or something (like the b-wing rebel command base)?

I'm not sure there's that many, but I'm sure you could do some sort of small
command pad or mini-outpost or something like that.  :)

Thanks for the comments,
Allan B.