 Space / 18739
    Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —Gil Shaw
   I think the events you've described pretty much mirror a lot of people here James....it does for me anyways. I had lurked on the edges of the Lego on-line community for my dim ages, perusing the Lego webring and Cool Sites of the Week etc for a few (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —James Wilson
   Hey, Gil, Glad to hear I'm not the only one doing more lurking than building. Maybe we should start a contest (or just a thread): which MOC pulled you out of your dark/dim ages?! James (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —Øyvind Steinnes
     For me it was not a MOC or Lugnet that pulled me out from the "dark" ages, but that I could hide behind the Minstorm set and say to my friends that I was "programing" (most of my friends are computer-nerds :) But when starting to make my own robots (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —Gil Shaw
   Thread it is! I suppose it was a combination of things. 3 years ago Karim Nassir had a ship called the Titantium Goose(?) that really peaked my interest for Lego again in general. Once I came across LUGnet, would have to say a few MOC's gave me the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)