 Space / 18738
    Pods are good! (caution: longish) —James Wilson
   I have to admit I've been in something of a "grey age" for a while. The threat of iminent "downsizing" at work tends to do that to a guy. Over the last few years, my building habits have usually gone something like this: 1) Get idea for MOC. 2) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —Gil Shaw
     I think the events you've described pretty much mirror a lot of people here James....it does for me anyways. I had lurked on the edges of the Lego on-line community for my dim ages, perusing the Lego webring and Cool Sites of the Week etc for a few (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

         Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —James Wilson
     Hey, Gil, Glad to hear I'm not the only one doing more lurking than building. Maybe we should start a contest (or just a thread): which MOC pulled you out of your dark/dim ages?! James (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

         Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —Øyvind Steinnes
      For me it was not a MOC or Lugnet that pulled me out from the "dark" ages, but that I could hide behind the Minstorm set and say to my friends that I was "programing" (most of my friends are computer-nerds :) But when starting to make my own robots (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

         Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —Gil Shaw
     Thread it is! I suppose it was a combination of things. 3 years ago Karim Nassir had a ship called the Titantium Goose(?) that really peaked my interest for Lego again in general. Once I came across LUGnet, would have to say a few MOC's gave me the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —Jordan D. Greer
    "I have to admit I've been in something of a "grey age" for a while. The threat of iminent "downsizing" at work tends to do that to a guy. Over the last few years, my building habits have usually gone something like this: 1) Get idea for MOC. 2) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish) —Tony Alexander
   Hang in there, Dude! Just have fun. Let the kids play. Don't be too serious. Feel the Force FLOWWWWWWWing within you...and in the Brick...and in the Tile...and you, too, will one day be able the ship to lift as easily as a feather you lift . Peace (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)