 Space / 17756
Re: Battlefish interior and starfighter pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:00:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.space, Alexander Zwagerman writes:
Hey all!

The Battlefish interior pics are online, see
http://www.zwagerman.net/lego/fish.html and scroll down. Of course, take a
look at the older pictures if you haven't yet and PLMKWYT.

Great- that's a really large hanger.  The swivel chair and the ladder
leading down to the engine room are particullaly cool.

The chair is my own modification of one of the many chairs thought up by
Paul Hartzog. I used this ladder before, but this time I just didn't have
enough handles to make the ladder more accessible for a minifig. The engine
room was just to deep down in the ship...

Also, Shark 1 and2 are online at http://www.zwagerman.net/lego/fish2.html -snipped-
I like these.  These nicely-patchy ships remind me of a Star Wars B-Wing.  I
really like how the cargo bay 'fits' the shape of these, with the slope
sticking out to hold a deck.  The swinging hanger doors remind me of a
camera slot- the picture of a Shark coming out reminds me of my Memory Card
slot in my camera...
I noticed the B-Wing similarity later. I have to remember thet it resembles
your camera next time I struggle with flash/secondary lighting for my own
camera. It may provide some inspiration :-)

A always PLMKWYT. A big thank you to JHK and Sean who have already given me
their reactions. Glad you like the ship. John: your ship which looked pieced
together from left over material was an inspiration for this ship.

Thanks!  :)
That was in turn inspired by Jon Palmer's Grimlock- a great ship.
http://www.zemi.net/lego/grim.html
I was hoping somebody would realise this...
Hey, I remeber that ship now. Maybe it inspired me subconsciously. That is a
great ship indeed, quite Palmeresque.

Alexander

-JHK

Alexander