 Space / 17670
My Moonbase: Epsilon7 light transport hangar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:35:28 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello,

Here is my first moonbase:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=25449 (when moderated)

Actually, it is also my first MOC posted to .space (I think).  I have
very recently begun really building things again, and the moonbase
project has excited me.  Unfortunately, I have a little daughter and a
small house, so my construction workers don't go as fast as some here. :)

Anyway, this is a hanger for small light freighters.  I am building an
example one
(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/alfredjr/Space/moonbase/Espilon7/secret-ship.
jpg) but it is nowhere near complete.  I only have the middle (crew
quarters) layer built.  There will be a lower level for engines and an
upper level for cargo.  Evetually making some kind of ovally sphere.

But, back to the module:
(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/alfredjr/Space/moonbase/Espilon7/epsilon7.
jpg)
The intent is that this would be part of the old, run down, industrial
area of the moonbase.  It has a dome to protect the ship in its hold
from micrometorites and radiation.  It also allows the hangar crew and
ship crews to remove their space suits from time to time.  A light
ionizing shield protects the exposed gaps in the structure.

The crane is there to move cargo, and can be used when the done is
closed.  Here is a shot of the dome:
(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/alfredjr/Space/moonbase/Espilon7/hangar-dome2.
jpg)

Here it is opened:
(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/alfredjr/Space/moonbase/Espilon7/inside-open-dome.
jpg)

Here is where all the launch and cargo planning happens:
(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/alfredjr/Space/moonbase/Espilon7/inside-launch-ctr.
jpg)

Well, that is about it.  I suppose there is more to say, but this
message is big enough.  LMKWYT.

-Alfred

Alfred J. Speredelozzi, Jr.                Diamond Bullet Design
alfredjr@diamondbullet.com         http://www.usabilityfirst.com
734-665-9307                                  (fax) 734-665-9353