 Space / 17477
Re: Moonbase module update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:06:40 GMT

"Nicole Drumm" <kdrumm1@stny.rr.com> writes:
"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message
news:m2hegwns3n.fsf@komodo.home.wards.net...
"Nicole Drumm" <kdrumm1@stny.rr.com> writes:
As the days roll by and the Arcane family settle into the new life
thrust upon them we find that they aren't sitting by doing nothing.
[...]

Great work!  It's interesting to watch the evolution of the module.  I
like the idea of the fence - it's always hard to find a use for those
darn insect arm things.  The use of R2D2 legs to hold the crane in
place is very clever - I don't think I've ever seen that before.

They are as stiff if not more stiff than using friction pegs. It also saved
6-8 parts this way. I can't take credit, it was Duane's idea.

I'm going to have to try that sometime.

One suggestion: see if you can find a way to attach the ladder so that
it doesn't interfere with docking to another module.  Perhaps mount it
on the underside of the doorway so it can fold out of the way?

"The ingress/egress ladder that is both removable and foldable." the
whole assembly comes right off so it can connect.

Right, but *how* is it removed?  Is there a crane to remove it?  I
think the "Hand of God" has to disconnect it.  What I was referring to
is a way that the hinges could be used to make it removable within the
fictional universe rather than requiring human intervention.

--Bill.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin