 Space / 17348
  G U N P O D S....

Bristling with weapons, built to destroy: (URL) Gunpods are direct variants of Jamie Neufeld's "folding saucer" concept. Gunpods are designed to attack in groups of two or more to deliver an exceptionally aggressive and relentless assault. The (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

Nice- they look very fearsome, with their bristiling guns. Lots of greeblies and moving things, too. Great! -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

Sweet color scheme, awesome weapons. I dunno that I like that spotlight below the canopy...but all in all, cool design. -Chris (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

These are really cool . How'd you get the discs to fold back like that? It's the most innovative pod design ive seen yet, along with Chris Maddison's Osprey and it's bird of prey wings. Cool design, nicely done. (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

(...) Interesting...I especially like the color and the greeblies on the pod. Can we have more pictures, please? ;) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

Those are pretty intimidating for such small ships. I wouldn't want to take on one of them in one of my pods, and I certainly wouldn't take on a swarm. Good colors. Nice job with the subtleties on both of them. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

(...) Thanks John! Greeblies never came naturally to me...always a challenge to match the detail that many others seem to have mastered. -Matt . (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

(...) Thanks for the comments Chris! Red and black always convey doom quite well. Do you not like the shape of the searchlight, or just the fact that it's a search light? I was thinking of changing the shape to suggest a FLIR (forward-looking (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

(...) More than anything, just that it's there. I dunno, it seems to stick way out there - doesn't convey the round pod feel. But hey, that's just me; I'm picky. :-) -Chris (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

(...) Thanks Andrew, I just wish I had enough parts to build a swarm! -Matt . (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

These look excellent Matt...and a good idea to build two of them. I've always pictured attack pods as a swarming vehicle, and creating 2 that are similar but slightly different is a great way to convey this. As said, the colours are prime and the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

(...) sets...who would have thought this pod thing was going to be so contagious! -Matt . (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: G U N P O D S....

(...) Thanks Chris! Sorry it took so long to reply to your post; work tends to get in the way of the important stuff! It would be easier to answer your question with more pics...I believe someone else was interested in some different angles as well. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)