 Space / 17024
Re: New MOC: Ycaqt Droid Transport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:43:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Looks excellent Jonathan....you really kept true to the original and that's
not an easy task from the looks of the whale-head design of the bow.
Thanks Gil!  I keep trying to build original stuff, but then I see pictures
in magazines or online, and like them much more than anything I come up with...

It captures the sense of a 'disposal' ship as well....very cool.  Would go
so well with a moonbase.
Heheh....plans we have, yes...  Ship with moonbase attachment point being
considered.....as is making a module for the Ycaqt and other things...
Thanks, Gil!

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Mizner writes:
Hello!  Over the last week I completed the second ship based off of
illustrations in Star Wars Gamer.  The first will be coming soon.  Thus I
present the Ycaqt droid transport:
Smaller pictures can be found at:

The Ycaqt is a small freighter, without living pilots or crew.  Controlled
by a droid brain, and crewed by a single loading droid, the Ycaqt is an
economical light transport or courier.  The vessel shown is in use by the
MSF, both for it's intended role and to serve as a covert insertion vessel.
Besides it's normal armament of two ion cannons, this particular Ycaqt has
had it's wing braces replaced with blaster cannon look-alikes.  Common
throughout the galaxy, the Ycaqt is an ideal choice for delivering small
teams of commandos to heavily patrolled targets.  This one also includes
modified controls, so that it's payload may take over in an emergency.

PLMKWYT!