 Space / 1694
Re: My webpage is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:53:03 GMT

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I hadn't really thought of it as a evolution, but then again I haven't worked
out much of the back story for any of the models so who knows maybe an
evolution might be a good idea.  My initial thoughts were that each fighter
was designed by the same company or design group with in a company, so that
would explain the similarities in design.  Each uses identical components (ie
the cockpits) to help keep production costs and maintenance costs down for the
customers.  But where they use identical components each one is designed for a
different role.  The Banshee (black/white/red cockpit) was designed to be used
with the large wing missiles against capital ships, and initially the Azreal
(grey/black/blue cockpit) was to be an escort for the Bansee, but I'm not sure
if that will continue.

But as I write this I kinda like the idea of an evolution in design so I'll
see if I can't figure something out that sounds cool, thanks for the idea.

And in regards to color, the main reason the fighter, and all of the models
for that fact, are different colors is the fact that I just don't have enough
bricks to make everything the same.  In fact this is the first time in since
Blacktron I came out that I've actually built something in anything but all
black.  Amazingly models do look good in other colors besides black, whould've
guessed.  My thanks go to everybody whose built models and put them on the net
to show me that there is more than one color in Lego.

Jason

In lugnet.space, Pat Justison writes:
Great work Jason!  It is always awesome to see someone new showing off their
models.  I like how your ships use a common design theme but slightly modified
in shape and color.  It really looks like a real design evolution might be
taking place.  Congrats, and I look forward to seeing more of your models.

P.S.  Cool tanks as well!

pat J

Jason Ellis wrote:

Hello everyone.  I've been lurking around for a couple of months and have
finally gotten my MOCs photographed and posted.  I've got a couple of
futuristic tanks and fighters.

http://www.geocities.com/vci_99.geo/lego

These are the first models I've built in about 8 years.  Thank goodness for
the Star Wars sets or I may never have gotten back into Lego.

LMKWYT

Thanks

Jason