 Space / 16463
Re: Moonbase Module : Alpha Living Quarters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:33:17 GMT

Carl Billen wrote:

Hi everyone! After seeing the 'Moonbase Project' page and the first modules,
I was bitten by the Moonbase Project bug and decided to build a module too!
As with many moonbase builders I was amazed how big the result is (I never
filled my big grey baseplate as much as this) so I am pretty happy about the
result, although when I watch at all the other models that pop out of the
ground these last couple of weeks I was pretty intimidated by all the other
builder's results... Anyway, here's my module:

I really like it. An you have certainly no reason to feel
intimidated by any of the other moonbase builders.

But I could only see two beds. Isn't living volume a bit
costly for such a large space for only two mini-figs?

It is a good idea with the hallways that somehow seem to
have been there before the living quarters were built. It
might be a good idea if a substantial part of the
hallways were built in a uniform style.

Things I am pretty proud of:
- My Legonium Crystal Power Generator : it's nice and
colorful and I found the result pretty pleasing

:-)

- My shower, toilet and bedroom

I would say that the toilet isn't quite to scale, but I
know that it is something that can sustain a long debate.

- The general layout of the living quarters

Yup.

- The stair going from the corridor to the ground floor: the
result with all the trans-lightblue bricks is very pleasing

Certainly.

- The Classic Space logo on my living quarters roof

The first thing that cought my eyes. - And certainly important
for the alpha living quarters.

P.S. With the rate that all these Moonbase Modules are
     created, wouldn't we need a lugnet.space.moonbase group
     pretty soon?

Probably. We just have to convince Todd or Suz.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Getting started with LEGO CAD on Linux: