 Space / 1636
Re: Cryo chamber (was: Re: Victorian Home Redux (was: Re: Sidebar stuff))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 06:05:35 GMT

Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
I almost died laughing when I saw the skeleton.  Is it a standard
feature of any SF movie that uses cryosleep that one chamber *must*
fail?  :)

But of course! You can't do without it! :-)

When I think of it, you're right... the movies I can think of that used
cyrosleep all had one that failed... (Planet Ape (1) had the female die • right
off the bat, Lost in Space had the big sister (name=?) get stuck... prolly
others I can't think of right now :)

More recently, Supernova (it sucked, don't bother seeing it) had a gruesome
malfunction (though they technically weren't cryo units, but some sort of
hyperspace "protection" cell).

-Shiri

(1) Not sure if that's the name, I saw it in hebrew... :-)

Planet of the Apes. :)  Y'know, I've always wanted to visit Israel...

Paul Davidson