 Space / 16196
Re: moonbase modules in the works
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:18:53 GMT

Yep. If the mecha walks head-first into the mecha bay, then there is a
little ramp that allows access to the mecha.  I'm going to add a pull-back
gantry as well on one side to allow access when the mecha is facing
'outward'.  I'm also going to add lights to the inside of the bay.

I have since removed the silly little barracks on top of the mecha recharge
bay (looks much better without it actually) and I have made a larger,
stand-alone crew barracks that is currently attached to the backside of the
mecha bay (there are three tunnels on the mecha bay).  I have also started a
semi-super module that consists of landing pads and crater pads (3x3 32 stud
base plates = 2x2 large grey base plates), and I picked up another big grey
baseplate today for a hydroponics bay.

This weekend I will make a second semi-super module for the power station
and fuel/waste processing station.  All in all that will be the equivalent
of 12 large grey base plates.  After that I want to add a train loop, but it
will have to be made from a regular train and not a monorail (ain't got one).

Glad you like it so far!  I might even throw in a trailer park.  I saw
someone else do one on brickshelf...kinda cool actually.

~Trev
Da ALC guy

In lugnet.space, Alexander Zwagerman writes:
Great work Trevor! I love the mecha-bay. Can the minifig enter the mecha
straight from the module? It was difficult to see this aspect. This is a
truly magnificent project!
<snip>