 Space / 16161
Re: Classic space...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:51:14 GMT

"Markham Carroll" <mc_booga@hotpop.com> wrote in message
news:H0GG40.4Gy@lugnet.com...
Is it just me, or are half the series "Missle-Totin' Thingies o' Doom?"
Were they very violent, or were they just terrible at keeping track of • their
satelites?  Or did they just like to launch things for the heck of it?

--
Markham Carroll

We can neither confirm nor deny that...  <puts dark sunglasses back on>

You are right, though.  The newer themes definitely are lacking in the
missi--errrr, thruster department.  I've found that that can be easily
fixed, though.  The blacktron II Allied Avenger looks pretty good out of the
box, but looks much cooler when it has two missile racks on each wing.    ;)

For the longest time, there didn't seem to be any "official" weapons in
space.  They were very non-violent.  There were no guns, though there were
those megaphone-looking things.  It wasn't untill Blacktron 1 that we saw
actual violence implied (I think the 1987 catalog has a picture of a
blacktron holding a monorail pilot at gun point - of course, I guess it
could have just been at megaphone point.  Maybe the pilot was hard of
hearing).

But we kids all knew what was really going on.  You can't tell me those
large rocket bases weren't ICBM launchers...

                    -- Tom