 Space / 16172
Re: Classic space...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 05:29:53 GMT

For the longest time, there didn't seem to be any "official" weapons in
space.  They were very non-violent.  There were no guns, though there were
those megaphone-looking things.  It wasn't untill Blacktron 1 that we saw
actual violence implied (I think the 1987 catalog has a picture of a
blacktron holding a monorail pilot at gun point - of course, I guess it
could have just been at megaphone point.  Maybe the pilot was hard of
hearing).

The best thing about that catalog, was the Fututron Monorail operator still
had the Classic grin while he had the business end of the megaphone pointed
at him, and there were a bunch of guys in the background held at gunpoint
with big smiles too.  My question is, what exactly were they trying to rob
from the monorail?  Light-n-sound parts for the Blacktron base?  Blue canopies?

--Nick (uhhh, I mean 62...)