 Space / 16157
16156  |  16158
Subject:
New Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:23:06 GMT

Heya

Check out my latest model:

It's called the F-39 Makko and it is my *supposed* replacment for the F-35
maybe 30 years down the road or so. It steals many design cues from the F-35
and F-22, as it is designed to be a stealth aircraft, but I threw in alot of
my own stuff too.

Weaponry:

four internally stored air to air missiles.
eight guided small bombs. (the black things on the inside of the weapons
compartment)
2 guided 1000lb smart stealth bombs. (the red things on the landing
gear/hardpoints)

The F-39 also has countermeasures which are realeased through the black
triangular hole in the back.

it only needs the two landing gear you see there, it is perfectly balanced
on just those two. It also has a VTOL system which you can see, yes it is
stealth that's why it needs no cover, (all though that would be cool, the
solution you see here is "Geordan's lazy cop out for why there is no cover" :P)

The top rounded area is removable and there is inner engine detail inside.
(Props to Mladen for that idea ;))

hmmm I think that's all the technical babble I need to write.

Me being stupid, I completely forgot to add cockpit detail, =^/ so ignore
the lack of detail under the canopy.

Lemme know what ya think!

-Geordan-

one more thing, would anyone be interested in instructions for this if I did
them?