 Space / 15702
Re: New MOC: Y-59 Albatross
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:06:28 GMT

Hi.  Personally, I really like the shape of the upper wings, and the use of
the rounded fences as wing struts is clever.  The profile that the bent
wings give the ship gets when it lands is very cool.

- Kenn

In lugnet.announce.moc, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Those of you who came to BrickFest have seen this already, but you probably
haven't seen it in all its configurations.  I came up with the idea for the
Albatross on a hike on vacation.  Climbing mountains leaves plenty of time for
the mind to wander. :)  It came out pretty much how I pictured it in my head.
Difficulties encountered during construction included allowing clearance for
the keel to swing up through the body, and providing enough support from the
landing gear to balance the ship.  Even now, the gear has a tendency to slip
out on smooth surfaces, but it does look pretty cool floating in the air
balanced by 4 small skis.
Anyway, here are the pics:
http://lego.bldesign.org/?v=new
Please LMKWYT!  (Comments, questions, suggestions, flames, etc invited)
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
www.bldesign.org