 Space / 15560
Re: Regarding praise....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:11:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I'd probably send more direct notes if it wasn't for a nasty bug somewhere
in outlook that causes an error when I click on the email in the web view.

Lar, any idea what is causing this? LUGNET seems to be the only site that
gives me this mailto: error.

I never noticed this (mostly because I don't use outlook :) - but I do have
outlook at work, so I tried it... sure enough, it's broken.  I believe the
reason is that LUGNET shows the mailto link with double quotes: "Dan Boger"
<dan@peeron.com>, and it seems that outlook doesn't like that.  If we
replace the quotes with a single quote:  'Dan Boger' <dan@peeron.com>,
everything seems to work fine.

See http://peeron.com/tmp/mailto.html

now, I doubt single quotes will break any (reasonable) mailer, but if people
want to try it, and report any problems... :)

Dan

FUT .admin.nntp