 Space / 15400
  Space Outing at BFest

uh, duh, the anniversary of the first moon landing (from earth) is on July 20th. It would be appropriate if whatever Space gathering/outing we have is on that date. :-D -paul (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) Well it's been talked about a bit to have a space lunch at the Air and Space Museum restaurant (The Wright Place) on Saturday. It's a short hop via Metro from what I understand, and they're fast about service (again from what I hear). It would (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

"Chris Giddens" <cgidd1@aol.com> wrote in message news:GyzzMq.It7@lugnet.com... (...) Space (...) interested?? (...) You know I'm down. :-) Saturday is the best day for something like this for me as well. -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

It's been a year since I've been there, but last I was there they were doing a bit of remodeling (or something odd, lots of dust, detours, etc). Semi-decent food, not much selection though, and a bit expensive. Time to the nearest Metro station from (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

It is definately easy to get to as the metro lets out about 1000 feet from the museum and there is a stop near the university. They serve burgers, fries, and other fast food type items. Ken (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) Count me in! Joe (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

rather than pin down the time NOW how about if we pin down a meeting place and time for all of us at BFest and then we can discuss our schedules I know I have to keep mine pretty open during the day on Saturday evening might be better... -paul (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) DO you have to be a member of the Smithsonian or pay admission in order to eat in the restaurant??? That may be a bit of a downer. (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) No admission for entering either...your taxes paid for that! It's the foodthat will set you back:) However, the hours are only until 5:00 pm, I think. That could be a REAL downer. Joe (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gz1Lv4.3uF@lugnet.com... (...) All I remember is paying alot of money for food I didn't like eating at my High School cafeteria, and being blinded by the sun coming through the all (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

Ah, yes...the giant glass ceiling...and the very odd pit-of-bathrooms over to one side. Never figured that one out... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

"Troy's Surplus Lego" <legosales@tcphoto.net> wrote in message news:Gz2pou.J2z@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) There are no admission fees at any of the Smithsonian Museums. In fact, a lot of things in DC are free. The National Zoo is also free. All (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Info about Space Lunch (was: Re: Space Outing at BFest)

Ok, here's a proposal. _Space Lunch_ Day: Saturday of Brickfest Time: As soon as the Lego Direct presentation is done *crosses fingers for space Legend* Finish: Hopefully in the lunch hour given, although it'd probably be better to budget an hour (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) In another post someone mentioned tax dollars paying for these museums. I would just like to point out that though the US government HELPS pay for these excellent museums, The Smithsonian Institution is not a government agency and is supported (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Info about Space Lunch (was: Re: Space Outing at BFest)

(...) I like that idea!!! mm...crunchy ice cream!!!! Which Metro Station is Air and Space Musuem? Anyone wanna bring some space MOCs and storm the offices? -Scott Lyttle (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) That would be me, and I stand/sit corrected. I was a member of Air and Space for a couple of years, and it was a really nice thing to have. Having subscriptions to both Smithsonian and Air and Space gave me memberships and extra access (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Info about Space Lunch (was: Re: Space Outing at BFest)

(...) I personally use Smithsonian Station (Blue and Orange Lines) when I'm in Washington. This works best for me (from experience carting around Boy Scouts in D.C.) According to www.wmata.com , the time is about 16 Min. from GMU Station and fare is (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)