 Space / 15366
Re: Mining Outpost - New space creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 03:23:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Allan Bedford writes:
What happens when you mix classic space styling with construction themed colors?

Have a look at the 'Mining Outpost' to see the results:

http://www.apotome.com/lego/outpost/outpost.htm

This was how I spent my Canada Day last week.  :)

I like it!  The simple, small but functional design is very nice, along with
the car and the drill.  Brings back the feeling of Classic Space...  But in
yellow and black, of coarse!

In reading my original post I hope I didn't give the impression this was
supposed to look like classic space..... only to have been inspired by it.
Which it was.  This set, in fact, is the one that was sort of in my mind as
I was building:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/493_1

Of course that building only had 3 walls, but that added to the playability
factor.

One hint:  do you have any of the bubble
canopies, such as the one in the LOM T-3 trike, or the diver subs?  They
would probabbly work better then the TIE fighter screen.

Agreed.  Unfortunately, ya builds with what parts ya gots.  :)

That is actually the closest thing I have to any sort of bubble canopy like
that.  At one point I was considering putting two Y-Wing canopies hinge end
to hinge end.  Sort of like an observation car on a trans-Canada train.
However, in the end, I felt this one looked a bit more finished.... even if
it's not really clicked into the bricks below it.

Thanks for the comments!
Allan B.