 Space / 15070
Re: IP2002 contest entry C-52 Snowstorm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:34:27 GMT

I would have never guessed, but now that you mention it, I can definitely
see it.  I have that set too - it's one of my fav's.  The midsection
definitely has the same form as the engine compartment and the front spoiler
kind of suggests a formula 1 car as well.  I guess being inspired by a model
team set would force an attention to detail.

Yes, the other incarnations do slightly more than suggest the formula 1 car.
;)   Maybe I'll try converting something non-space into a ship.  It just
goes to show, though, if you work on something long enough and make enough
changes, most things become so original that the amount of 'copy' is
completely overcome by the amount of original work.

        -- Tom

Wow, thanks!

This ship was actually inspired...  well, copied a bit... from the model
team formula one car (set # 5540).  I just couldn't get the idea of a
spaceship based on that set out of my head, so, naturally, I started
building.....

If you've looked at any of the other incarnations of this craft on my
brickshelf account, you'll probably see the resemblance.

Thanks, again.

Tim Romine
AFOL for life