 Space / 15065
Re: A rather large MOC update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:41:00 GMT

In article <Gy78uy.6z@lugnet.com>, smegged <cintaks_erur@hotmail.com> wrote:
Starfury Mk 1 (let's see if anyone can work out how I did the wings: hint,
they are sturdy and don't wobble - unlike those on a lego xwing) :)

Much better than those on mine:

Has anyone here seen actual dimensions on how big the Star Fury was supposed
to be? I do think mine's too small (and the engine pods doubly so)[0], but
one of the reasons I went this route is because the other option I could
come up with, which was much like yours, seemed monstrously large.

I like the use of the TIE fighter front glass and the Star Wars engines (mine
predates both of those pieces...), and the engines look spot-on. Only real
gripe I've got is you need to take some white tiles to that 6x8 plate on the
top:

..XX..
.X..X.
X....X
X....X
X....X
.X..X.
XX..XX

...with some space to spare. :)

I think I need to re-work mine. Besides, it didn't survive the move...

[0] Scale being a dubious concept with minifig creations, the smaller size
made me think that I would have an easier time building an Omega Destroyer to
carry these around. Note that I have no Omega destroyer pictures online? :)
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
jd@forinash.not                                  ( <