 Space / 14823
14822  |  14824
Subject:
Ice Planet Contest Entry! - Frost Fly (Blizzard Baron alternate)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:55:04 GMT

Here's an entry for category VII - Alternates.  This one is a Blizzard Baron
altnernate, making use of all but 5 of the pieces from the stock set and
using nothing outside the set.  It's been a while since I've attempted an
alternate and I'd forgotten what a fun challenge it could be to try to use
only what I have in front of me.

Anyway, here's the official stuff:

MODEL NAME:
BZ-33 Frost Fly

SHORT DESCRIPTIVE:
What's that buzzing sound?

LINKS:
model:
http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/lego.html
.dat file:
http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/frostfly.zip
thumbnail for website:
http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/fly_1vs.jpg

The rear, under, and "flea" pictures aren't rendered yet (it's getting late
and I have to sleep), but they'll be up fairly soon.

Please forgive the classic space emblem, starwars 1x2 computer tiles, and
the non-ice planet visor - the dead line was growing near and I was anxious
to get this model up and entered into the contest!  Maybe at a later date,
I'll fix those (but probably not, so just imagine...)  Also, the 1x1 cones
don't look quite right either - I'm not sure what the problem is there.
Anyway, try not to let it bug you...

Hope you enjoy my work, and yes, I did intend that pun.

        -- Tom