 Space / 14770
  Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

Hi all, Hot on the heels of my Jericho, I've got a new twist to the traditional spacecraft. (URL) planets in the universe have oceans on them; some are totally covered with water. The Gourami is a next-generation ship built for the Space Marines (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

Chris, once again, really neat. I see in the Gourami the mono grey scheme with orance accent...I'm a big believer in that color technique - great MOC. I'm about to post my version of the semi-vertical craft concept, inspired by you and Gil, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

Thanks again Matt. Glad you like it. It was originally to be a grey and red design, but I got the idea of that Vakama mask in my head, and orange-ified it. -Chris (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

(...) Cool Chris. I like the shape and the colours. Nice little bot too. (...) Actually, Karim Nasser made a similar cockpit design a while ago (about 1.5 years to be precise). LUGNET post: (2 URLs) (...) Mladen Pejic, over and out! (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

(...) Nice work, and for once you beat me to the punch with a design I was thinking of :) I had originally planned to use three LOM cockpits on the Blood Moon's shuttle, but decided it would take up too much space in the shuttle bay, so I scrapped (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

This is a super-clean little vessel Chris...the colours and streamlined shape really work with it's purpose. Also, I love when unconventional bits of other themes show up, in this case the Bionicle doodad on the dorsal hump. Just adds to that (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

(...) Cool! Why do I suddenly crave calamari? Jeff J (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

(...) Thanks Mladen. At first I didn't know if I could tackle orange, as I have limited elements, but the gamble paid off. (...) Ahh, that's a nifty ship. I think I do remember the quarter saucers like that, so maybe Karim helped me out (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

(...) One of these days we need to have a surgical procedure to separate our brains, or something... And ha! I did it before you! <dances around gleefully> Thanks. :-) -Chris (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

(...) Thanks Gil. The Vakama mask is what got me started on using orange...and the venty shapes on the nose/mouth area of the mask make for realistic looking vents on the vessel. Earl was just a toss-in that I felt completed the design. (...) The (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

(...) Hehe...thanks. If you crave calamari, might I suggest Adrian's squid-boat: (URL) great with noodles and alfredo sauce. :-) -Chris (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

"Xcalabur" <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> wrote in message news:Gxo1MJ.9pB@lugnet.com... (...) (really) good. The tail end is superbly constructed. Nice use of the mask of course. The little bot reminds me of Paul Hartzog's Hovercam. -Jon (Read 'Gourami' (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami

(...) High compliments indeed, Jon; thanks. Orange did seem to pay off; I've never done an orange and grey creation. IMO the tail is what sets it off. The bot does sort of seem like an underwater hovercam, doesn't it? Thanks again, -Chris (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.space)