 Space / 14770
14769  |  14771
Subject:
Underwater Exploration vessel: Gourami
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:39:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

Hot on the heels of my Jericho, I've got a new twist to the traditional
spacecraft.

Many planets in the universe have oceans on them; some are totally covered
with water.  The Gourami is a next-generation ship built for the Space
Marines Research and Exploration Division.  This underwater craft sports
twin-turbine engines to control it's vertical position, and a rear engine to
allow forward movement.  Sensors all over the craft moniter flow,
temperature, chemical makeup, and other various water-y things.

The cockpit (yes, I know it's not airtight.  Use your imagination. :-) seats
two, and has lots of little gizmos and buttons to play with.  The
triple-windscreen design came to me while messing with them the other day; I
think it's the first time this has ever been done, at least that I've seen.

Also included is the small remote controlled bot, affectionatly named Earl.
Earl is deployed from the underside of the Gourami, and has his own engines,
sensors, cameras, and grabbing hands.

LMKWYT!

-Chris