 Space / 14515
Re: New MOC: Absolute Zero turbocycle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 12:56:10 GMT

Ah...I missed this one on it's first round.  Very nifty, and also keeps the
part count down - TLG Marketing Dept. would be proud!

Way WAY back in the murky depths of childhood I remember this movie called
MegaForce (there was an ad for it on the back of almost every Marvel comic
of the time) that featured flying motorcycles with fold down wings very
similar to this.  All I remember is some guy that looked like a BeeGees
roadie taking time out from the daring escape of his unit to go back to
General BadGuy's tank, knock on the hatch to proclaim,

'Hi!  I just thought you should know, the good guys always win!'

Yikes.

Very nice design.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Chris Maddison writes:
Hi all,

Mr. Drake beat me yet again, but I prevail!  Here is my Ice Planet contest
turbocycle - the Absolute Zero.  At 96 pieces, it falls in the category II
ground vehicles section.

Some notes:

Tires + ice = bad, but these tires have micro-Spidey-spike-thingies. :-)
Wings/fairings fold out to glide over the massive canyons on the Ice Planet.
Wings include ice-chopper chainblades to saw through ice or other bikes.
Side-mounted flamethrowers melt ice out front of the bike.

Kudos to Adrain for keeping me inspired; I used his canopy idea from his
Blacktron bike.

Find it at
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Turbocycles/Absolute-Zero/ or on
the groundcraft page at http://xcalabur.topcities.com