 Space / 14431
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update 5/25/02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 17:39:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi Everyone,

I know I've been quiet for a while. I actually built some of these things
a while back and just haven't posted them.

Anyway, check out the following:

Spiffcraft DX

LM-7 Linebacker Light Mecha

UD-6 Vulture VTOL

Sprite-EF Escort

Just click on "What's New" on my site.

Holy Guacamoli!

Sir, Grand Admrial, SIR!

WOW!

1. Spiffcraft DX:  Very cool!  Good use of the cloud car parts!  It makes my
base model with beaded seat covers look rather plain...I'm going to have to
go for the upgrade.  :)

2. Linebacker: I really liked your cyclops as it inspired me to make my
crusader.  This one, the Linebacker totally kicks alien butt. That puppy
must be able to just a long distance with an oversized jump jet like that.
And the weapon is a never ending mass of barrels and focus tubes!  Very
nice!  I really do need to make more now.

3. Vulture VTOL:  Ahhh...very aliens resurection-ish!  It has the sloped and
curved look of the VTOL ship that was used in that movie.  What are the
purpose of the vent ports along the rear pylon?  Could we see a pic of the
interior?

4. Sprite Escort:  As much as I love the pure simplicity of the original
sprite (very good ship if one plans to make even a light escort carrier
since you can carry more ships with a smaller footprint), I really do prefer
this upgrade.  Definately something I would expect to see zipping around the
phalanx en-mass as they enter battle.

Really awesome, Grand Admrial!  I've been waiting for weeks for an update
from you.  I was afraid that you had shelved all your lego.  It's good to
see that you're still at it.  I've done a few new things to, but it will
have to wait a bit longer until I can borrow my bosses camera for a weekend.
Oh well.

~Trev
http://home.cogeco.ca/~tpruden3/index.html