 Space / 14429
Re: Ice Planet Avenger
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 04:09:29 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message
news:GwMsGp.712@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Nifty.....a real flashback times 2!

Strangely enough, I just came across an original Avenger in it's original
box last week while cleaning out one of my off-site dumping grounds • (read:
parent's place).  Couldn't help but think that despite it's simple • design,
it still is an innovative shape for it's time.....at least not the • typical
delta wedge favoured for 15 years until that point.

Thanks for hazy rememberances....

Cheers,
-G

I agree--Out of all the BT2 sets I bought, this is the only one still
together.  It's the second neatest small space ship that LEGO ever came up
with (the first being 6890 - Cosmic Cruiser--still my personal fav!)

Interesting choice - no one ever mentions that one, but it's one of my
favorites too.  I picked one up from ebay 5 years ago and it still decorates
my apartment to this day!  My all-time fav is the FX Star Patroller.  As for
the Avenger, that's the only BT 2 set I own as well.  Also a favorite, and
also still together, but not decorating the apartment (have to have
*something* waiting for me when I visit home  ;)

I was thinking of trying to make that one in Ice Planet or M-Tron colours,
but, alas, no colour match at all :(

Thanks for this one, though!  Verrry nice!

Yes, nice choice!  Now, how to beat it...

        -- Tom