 Space / 14408
Re: Ice Planet Avenger
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 19:50:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Nifty.....a real flashback times 2!

Strangely enough, I just came across an original Avenger in it's original
box last week while cleaning out one of my off-site dumping grounds (read:
parent's place).  Couldn't help but think that despite it's simple design,
it still is an innovative shape for it's time.....at least not the typical
delta wedge favoured for 15 years until that point.

Thanks for hazy rememberances....

Cheers,
-G

I agree--Out of all the BT2 sets I bought, this is the only one still
together.  It's the second neatest small space ship that LEGO ever came up
with (the first being 6890 - Cosmic Cruiser--still my personal fav!)

I was thinking of trying to make that one in Ice Planet or M-Tron colours,
but, alas, no colour match at all :(

Thanks for this one, though!  Verrry nice!