 Space / 14264
Re: New Starship LL-X1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:00:34 GMT

Chris,

White is never used enough in larger ships.....seeing this amazing piece of
work just confirms it.

I've always been wowed by your creations' melding of Classic designs with
new elements and functionality.  There are so many subleties of design in
this model that make it a real treat, I can even start to get into them all.
Okay, maybe a few:

-Cockpit design of bridge and shuttle....where did you get those domes?!
-the airlock port to the shuttle
-the amazing engrebblement of the exterior, particularily those 8x8 dishes -
love'em
-the look of the bridge...HUD's, the emergency tanks and helmets...all give
that 'flying by the seat of our pants' feeling

The look and feel of it fits the timeline to a T.

Right on, right on.

Space indeed.
-G

In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens writes:
<announcer voice>  Every legend has a beginning... in the years before
Classic Space... comes LL-X1 </announcer voice>

Ok so I built a ship to bridge the gap between Town Spaceport (gag)/ LOM to
Classic Space.  This is the LL-X1.  One of the first manned FTL ships from
Lego Land and the first to explore a planet out of the solar system.  She's
manned by Reed Rainer (captain and pilot) Sue Rainer (com and Science) Jonny
Blaze (Navigator) and Ben Stern (Engineer).  This fantastic foursome is a
mighty team ;-).
(left to right Ben, Reed, Sue, and Jonny)

I've had lotsa pics up on my b-shelf gallery as I progressed through, so
might have seen it.  But it's all done... thank you lazy Mother's Day afternoon.

check em all out and lemme know what you think!

Sorry some o' the pics are dark... me and my camera didn't get along today.

Chris <><
"Space. it does the body good."