 Space / 1393
Re: Design Sketches of Blactron Lander
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:59:33 GMT

Patrick Justison wrote:
I'm making them public so spacers will have an idea of what I have brewing as
well as to start a disscussion of how people plan and build their space
designs.  I draw out about half of my designs on paper well before I snap the
firts bricks together.  The other half result from cool shapes that result from
brick experimentation.  What do ya'll do?

I've sketched a few on paper, but mainly just to work on my weak drawing
skills.

If I need to work out a preliminary design, I'll typically build a sketch out
of Lego.  Many of my microfig-scale models started out as sketches for much
larger models, however.  And I have a lot more which I won't publish.  I also
have about a dozen little sub-models lying around, while I look for something
to fill in the "blank spaces".

I also do some sketching with LEdit.  Here's an example of a conceptual model
(Earthforce Light Carrier!  :-) I've been working on since forever:

http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lego/sketch/wolfden_sketch.jpg

But sketching with LEdit is a bit hard on the sub-files -- this one has about
20 or so.

Cheers,
- jsproat

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society