 Space / 13851
Re: Bunch of new MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:58:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Josh Underhay writes:
Hi everyone!
    I've had these ships finished for a while, but I haven't gotten around
to scanning/posting them until now.  Here's the link to my brickshelf page:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Bunji--Ben

Finished for a while?  The dust attests to that!  Actually, the dust might
be helping you out with lighting by bringing up the average brightness.

Let me know what you think - any points to improve, things you liked/didn't
like, suggestions for my digital photography, or your favorite(s) out of the
bunch.

Cool stuff.  I particularly like the Devil's Scorn fighter and the
Implacable.  The little ship fighting the Implacable looks really cool too,
but doesn't seem to have a gallery.

But my favorite has got to be the Pharoah- very cool little ship.

You seem to really like black.  There are lots of black ships here.  The
dark blue glass and neon green highlights look good, but I think your
distribution of the green highlights on the bigger ships is a little too
even.  It almost seems like you overlaid a large grid and used that to
figure out where to place the tiny cones and antennae.  I think it would
look better with those highlights clustered together or more randomly
distributed.

The images are pretty good (great lighting overall for all-black models!),
but I can see that you had some trouble focusing at close range in a few
shots.  There isn't much you can do about that if you are at the limits of
your camera, but if you resize the images smaller then they will look less
fuzzy.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

--
Tony Hafner