 Space / 13529
Re: I'm an AFOL!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:14:58 GMT

"Stephen Pakbaz" <davehal2061@hotmail.com> writes:
          Hello everybody.  I've been reading here at Lugnet ever since the
first Star Wars sets came out, I've also posted a few times, and even made
my own Lego website.  Although I am not a Lugnet member...yet, on March 19 I
finally turned 18 and now consider myself to be an Official Adult Fan of
Lego!  The only problem is maintaining this status as I begin to get ready
to go to college.  I refuse to be forced through a Dark Age no matter what.
          Anyway, for the past YEAR I've been studying, researching, and
designing for a full mission to Jupiter that can be built out of Lego.  This
is also the "first" mission to Jupiter, so there are no FTL engines or
anything like that. • [...]
          For any of you who actually read this far, I am anxious to hear
your opinions of what I am trying to do and would also like to hear any
suggestions or comments you may have.

Excellent idea... I can't wait to see your plans, and better yet, the
finished product!

I too prefer this kind of realistic "hard sf" approach.  I have little
enthusiasm for the fighter craft and warp drives of most space models
(though I do occasionally produce a model along such lines, just for
fun).

Did you see the lunar tourism MOC's I posted last month?  They were
designed along similar principles, though I suspect I should have left
more room for fuel storage...

Anyway, welcome to AFOLdom and I hope to see more of your stuff as it
comes along.

--Bill.