 Space / 13416
    Re: LRS —John Henry Kruer
   (...) Actually, if your LRS was an atmospheric craft, and it schwaaaaaaad, it wouldn't go anywere. To be realistic, an ion engine produces as much thrust in weight as a piece of paper, while a rocket uses thrust equal to the weight of a couple (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
    (...) Really? I didn't know that. But really as far as I'm concerned I don't care how it works, just as long as it sounds real cool. :) (...) So how do they work? (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —John Henry Kruer
   (...) That is the point, isn't it. :-) (...) Well, zenon (a gas) is shot out outof the inside wall of a chamber, along with electrons going through a cathode(or something like that) tube. The electrons knock of an electron from the zeneon gas, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)