 Space / 1333
Re: Blacktron Base 6987
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 01:47:37 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.space, Michael Pratt writes:
I have just completed this set which I got from a boot fair last year.
Unfortunately there were no instructions so I used a scan from lugnet

(You mean scans from <http://BrickShelf.com/scans/>, I think...?)

which I ran off in black and white. I have re-checked the finished model
against the colour instructions on scree.
I am left with two black corner castle pieces with the yellow triangle
logo on. Where do they go ?

They go in a different set -- 6894 Invader.  :)

And I have a 2x1x1 black brick with a yellow
arrow pointing down. No idea where that should have gone.

Hmm, I've got a 6987 sorta assembled on the shelf and I don't see one of
those in it.  However, again, 6894 also has one of those...

  http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6894/6894-05.html

(which is kinda cool because you might actually maybe have enough parts to
build the whole 6894 Invader set...?)

Definitely a cool set. I got suckered into adding Blacktron to the limited
space themes I collect when I helped a KABOB enter his dark ages. Just
recently I managed to replace the missing trans-red half octagon from the
tail. I've also managed to pick up a small lot of Blacktron printed pieces,
so will be adding on to this.

I'm debating getting one of Mark Harris's 6987s.

For a while I tried to resist collecting space, then Star Wars came out,
then I got a 6973 for $18 (along with several smaller Ice Planet sets the
next day from the same used toy store), then the 6894 and a BUNCH of Classic
Space from the KABOB (and a variety of newer stuff, some of which doesn't
interest me very much).

Frank