 Space / 12908
Re: M-tronian Republic Archer Class Light Frigate.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 04:08:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
Aaaaaaand here is the third ship (second capital) that I showed off at the
Michlug mini-meet over this past weekend.  Hope you all like.

~Trev

I said "neato" at the meeting but after studying the pics and thoughts in my
head, now i can tell you an honest opinion! Great job on the M-Tron ship
Trev, it has a nice military feel.

The overall shap of the ship is quite impressive, it has a nice functional
look to it, with the protrusions and other effects on the side. The recessed
greeb below the main slope is eye-catching IMHO, with a nice look to it, it
needs a person in an EVA suit working on them ;-). The black trim around the
windows and the big "M" on the side gives it a nice touch.

I really like the look of all the extensions on the front of the ship, it
gives it a nice Babylon 5 Earth Destroyer feel. It has a very fuctional
feel. I also liked the torpedo tube you had. Maybe you could use a shock
absorber or something to make a really neat loading system? About the SW
engines a 2 pack, on the front, are those forward braking and manuvering
thrusters? those have been buggin me, wondering what they were.

This section was really intriguing. The pods on the udnerside? Ware those
some sort of Fusion core fuel or something? Ethier way they look neat like
that. The small section down there is quite neat too. It would make a great
Weaponry control room, or something along those lines.

This was really neat. I liked the recessed greeb along the ship. It makes a
stark contrast to the smooth middle section. I liked the use of the 20's-car
front for a waste dump or something. Might make that in the next ship i do.
This strip of greeb added a nice touch.

This was another interesting feature. the use of these grey modules adds a
nice touch. What were they? They remind me of some sort of nacelle of some
sort. You might be able to replace those with Technic battery boxs too add
some neat light or motor effects to the ship. Maybe a pulsing engine core?

Well, this ship is very nice. I'd love to help with the interior, but
there's problems there like transportation. :) I hope you can make the
interior as interesting as the exterior. it shows alot of promise as a warship.

Rick