 Space / 12832
Re: Riddle me this...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:43:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Bob Parker writes:
Here's a riddle for you:

One of these Galaxy Explorers is from a set.  The other I made using my own
parts (Thanks Bricklink!).

Which is the actual set?

What does it matter?  Both are made of Lego bricks and are built with the
same instructions.  I never understood why people would keep the parts of a
given set separate from other parts.  I guess I'm just not that kind of
collecter- I'm far more interested in building unique stuff.

And every time I look at this thing I marvel at the simple elegance.  Almost
every piece on it is in active production today (not counting color or
printing).  There are what... 8 parts in the entire set that haven't been
produced in the last year or two?  And of those 8, most have similar
replacements.  Heck, there is only one piece on the ship itself that doesn't
have a "close-enough" equivalent.  Argh!  They could sell these for under $40!!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com