 Space / 12810
Re: You asked for it!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:02:14 GMT

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" wrote:
Second, I love the "Painted" catagory for the new contest.  Great idea!  If
only that had existed in the BT1 contest.  I already had a Stardefender in
the BT1 colors, and had considered building a monorail MOC for BT1 also.

Third, I can only second Jude's responses thus far.  Yes the "Painted"
catagory should be real bricks only, yes a CAD-only catagory would be fair,
and cool to see, and yes two weeks from end of entry through end of voting
is enough.  I know how some weeks it's not easy to check in around here, but
when I was a part of the last contest, I was excited enough to make a point
of stopping by .build.contests a bit more than normal.

I'm glad this is real models only. I'm not very impressed by a CAD model
which is just a color edit of another model. Not very much creativity.
of course this category doesn't represent that much creativity,  though
I look forward to seeing what models people decide on (that's probably
the main creative portion, figuring out a model which would look really
cool or really disturbing in Ice Planet 2002 colors [you may want to
consider having two votes in this category, for coolest and most
disturbing...]).

I hope my job situation is settled by then and that I can find the time
to create. I'm sorry I missed the BTI contest, but IP2002 is my second
most favorite space theme.

Fourth, my own IP collection only inludes one DFD and very few of the
smaller sets.  I'm not certain what I can do with such elements.  But with
several months to think about it... we'll see...  <grin>

Fortunately trans-orange has appeared in other places. It's at least
easier to get hold of than trans-yellow...

Frank