 Space / 12713
Re: You asked for it!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:45:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jude Beaudin writes:
We will have an Ice Planet 2002 contest in June.
<snip>

I've been short on internet time this month, so I will add my 2 cents
regarding everything in this thread so far in one message:

First, on the basic idea of this contest:  Cool!  I like the idea of not
having to wait until December, and doing it early means the chance for a
second Space Contest later in the year.  Some have suggested that the next
chronological sub-theme (not including the appropriate jump to IP2002),
would be Futuron.  That works for me.  (Although, I sometimes wonder if
Classic could have been broken into two groups: one group with only Red and
White figs (mostly gray craft), and one including Blue, Yellow, Black figs
(with some blue and white craft).  Maybe that's an argument for another
time.  Of course, myself, I think of Futuron as the next such sub-class of
Classic, since they have the same logo.)

Second, I love the "Painted" catagory for the new contest.  Great idea!  If
only that had existed in the BT1 contest.  I already had a Stardefender in
the BT1 colors, and had considered building a monorail MOC for BT1 also.

Third, I can only second Jude's responses thus far.  Yes the "Painted"
catagory should be real bricks only, yes a CAD-only catagory would be fair,
and cool to see, and yes two weeks from end of entry through end of voting
is enough.  I know how some weeks it's not easy to check in around here, but
when I was a part of the last contest, I was excited enough to make a point
of stopping by .build.contests a bit more than normal.

Fourth, my own IP collection only inludes one DFD and very few of the
smaller sets.  I'm not certain what I can do with such elements.  But with
several months to think about it... we'll see...  <grin>

Cheers,
-Hendo