 Space / 12646
Re: Blacktron I Contest Results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:11:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino writes:

Dave Lovelace <dave@umop.com> wrote in message news:Gq8sxy.Fuu@lugnet.com...
Yeah, but don't we just HAVE TO do Ice Planet in the year 2002?

I totally agree,
the synchronicity is just too good
to pass up :-D

Oh, well.  Guess I'll take this year off, then...I don't have any IP2002
sets any more because I thought they were all ugly as sin.

Wake me when the Futuron contest hits, or maybe another Classic Space
contest...?  Is there some rule we can't have more than one contest per
year?  :-)

--Dave (jot and jab)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know of any rule...  ;)   I think someone should throw an IP2002
contest soon, and then we can hold the Futuron contest on November.  By the
time Ice Planet officially comes around (which would be the year 2007, if
our pattern holds), I'm sure it will be fresh again.

I agree with Tom, that we should hold an Ice Planet 2002 contest now, and
not let it interfere with the normal sequence of Annual Space Contests
(Classic, Blacktron I, Futuron, etc.) As Tony Hafner said, it fits 2002 well.

However, if we do hold an early Ice Planet contest, we should probably wait
until the Sector62 game is over, so that people would have more time to
devote to both of them.

Just some suggestions,
Curt Tigges
Commander-in-Chief of Starforce